VIP Roadside Service
In Curaçao, there is an average, that each year, 1 of the 2 car drivers has to deal with a failure. This is always inconvenient and disarranges your day. As a client with VIP Roadside Service included, you can count on the quick and professional service provided by 24-, both on the road and at home.
Wherefore can you call the call center number? Problems with your car? You can count on 24-7! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Assistance with an empty or poorly functioning car battery. We measure and boost your battery.*
- It happens quite often that a car is locked, with the keys still inside. Our specialists quickly open up your car.
- A faulty car alarm can be a loud nuisance. We resolve this problem in the blink of an eye.
- An emergency supply of gasoline, diesel, oil (at regular purchase rate), or water.
- Inflation, repair on the spot if possible, and/or change your flat tire with the spare one you carry.
- Emergency repair of the most common car problems.
- If we are unable to fix your car on the spot within a reasonable timeframe, 24-7 Roadside Assistance tows it to your car dealer/ mechanic.
* The service vehicle of the road service always carries the 13 most common batteries. If in stock we can supply a battery directly at the fixed sales prices. The price includes our installation costs.
General Terms and Conditions 24-7 Wegenwacht
These general terms and conditions apply to the breakdown assistance service (the “ VIP Roadside Service”) of Wegenwacht Curaçao B.V. (“24-7 Wegenwacht”), having its registered office in Curaçao and is registered in the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce in Curaçao under number 95466.
You can sign up for VIP Roadside service at any time through CG United. This can be added to your existing auto policy as well.
If you pay this before the payment term specified therein, your subscription will automatically be renewed for 12 months.
The subscription is in the name of the person who signs up and gives a right to the service for the vehicle with the license plate indicated during registration.
2. What is a breakdown?
The VIP Roadside Service consists of providing breakdown assistance for your vehicle in Curaçao. The breakdown is understood to mean a failure of your vehicle that has arisen suddenly and as a result of which it is not possible or would be irresponsible to continue driving.
3. How do I report a breakdown?
In the event of a breakdown, call 9247. Before you call, check exactly where you are (in which district, on which road/street, what landmarks are there).
The call center agent will ask you for some necessary information, such as your name, cellphone number, your location, what has happened, the make, type, color, and license plate of your vehicle. Please have this information ready when you call. You will then hear from the call center agent how long it will take for the nearest service vehicle to reach you.
4. What does the service consist of?
The service consists of the on-site repair by a 24-7 Wegenwacht assistant, enabling you to continue driving or – if on-site repair is not possible – towing your vehicle
to your home or to a mechanic/garage of your choice. Your car will be towed a maximum of once per breakdown (to your home or the mechanic/garage of your choice). The right to service applies from 2 days after receipt of the registration for a subscription. The service is provided a maximum of four times per subscription year.
The right to the service may be limited or excluded in the following cases:
- Traffic accidents;
- In the event of damage to the vehicle due to fire or theft of parts of the vehicle (note that the subscription is not an alternative to insurance against loss as a result of fire or theft);
- The breakdown was caused by your intent, negligence or misuse of the vehicle;
- The breakdown is the result of overdue maintenance of the vehicle;
- The breakdown occurred on a race track and/or when practicing for or driving in speed and/or agility competitions;
- The same kind of breakdown has already occurred several times in the current subscription year;
- 24-7 Wegenwacht has already provided you with service 4 times in the current subscription year;
- If you have no spare tire or it is defective, you will be charged costs;
- The vehicle has not passed inspection or does not meet other legal requirements;
- The vehicle is being used as a taxi, bus or learning vehicle;
- The vehicle weighs more than 3,500 kg and a category C driver’s license is needed to drive it;
- The location is not or poorly accessible for 24-7 Wegenwacht, such as an off-road location;
- You intentionally provide us with incomplete or incorrect information about the nature and/or reason for the breakdown;
- The breakdown is reported within 2 days after you have registered for a subscription;
- The vehicle for which you are requesting service is not registered with 24-7 Wegenwacht;
- Force majeure on the side of 24-7 Wegenwacht.
6. Additional service
Should you require VIP Roadside Service that is excluded from the list above and 24-7 Wegenwacht can provide the requested service, 24-7 Wegenwacht will charge the costs for this separately
based on the applicable rates in each case. In this case, you pay for the service on-site at the relevant assistance provider of 24-7 Wegenwacht, who will notify you of the rate in advance so that you can also choose another solution.
7. Assistance in the event of a traffic accident
Assistance in the event of a traffic accident is not covered by the subscription. You can use the VIP Roadside Service provided by 24-7 Wegenwacht. However, in the event of a traffic accident, an official report will first have to be drawn up by the police, usually assisted by ForenSys (Curaçao Road Services). 24-7 Wegenwacht can then provide you with assistance and towage if desired. Also, in this case, these costs of assistance and/or the towage service will be charged separately in accordance with the rates applicable at that time which the assistance provider from 24-7 Wegenwacht will notify you of in advance.
8. Cancelling a subscription
The subscription automatically ends twelve months after the commencement date unless you pay the renewal invoice within the payment term specified therein. You have the right to cancel the subscription prematurely. However, no refund will be made in the event of early termination.
9. Exclusion of liability
CG United is not liable for damage to your vehicle caused by third parties and/or damage related to its services unless the damage was caused by intent or
gross negligence on the part of 24-7 Wegenwacht.
10. Change of vehicle
You can transfer the subscription once to a new or different car during a subscription year. The request to change the vehicle’s details must be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com or in person at the office at Schottegatweg Oost 40. The right to VIP Roadside Service with regard to the new vehicle only starts when you receive confirmation from CG United that the details have been processed. Unfortunately, if your new vehicle is not registered with VIP Roadside Service, the costs will be invoiced directly to you.
11. Change in rates and conditions
These general terms and conditions and the rates can be changed in the interim by CG United. CG United will inform you of any change to the conditions.
Higher subscription fees will not be charged until the next subscription year.
12. Applicable law and competent court
The laws of Curaçao exclusively govern these general terms and conditions. In the event of a dispute about the application or interpretation of the general terms and conditions, CG United will try to resolve this dispute with you without the intervention of a court. If the latter is not possible, the dispute must be submitted to the competent court in Curaçao.
At CG United, we are committed to providing quality service and absolute insurance protection. Our delivery on this commitment is the reason we’re one of the largest general insurers in the Caribbean offering all major classes of insurance.
CG United’s financial strength and solid reinsurance program have resulted in an A- Excellent rating by AM Best Co., USA. AM Best’s ratings are recognized worldwide as the benchmark for assessing a company’s financial security. Our annual strong ratings provide validation that CG United has the resources available to be there when our customers need us most.
CG United Insurance Ltd. is a member of Coralisle Group Ltd. Coralisle Group (CG) is a Bermuda-based regional insurance provider with operations in 20 countries throughout the Caribbean and annual revenues in excess of US$600 million. CG is comprised of independently incorporated companies offering property and casualty insurance, employee benefits for pensions and health, and personal life insurance and investment products. Coralisle Group Ltd. is a subsidiary of Edmund Gibbons Limited in Bermuda.
Thank you for your interest in CG United. Please complete the form below to receive more information on our products and services.
"*" indicates required fields
BUSINESS HOURS:Monday thru Friday
08:00 - 17:00
BUSINESS HOURS:Monday thru Friday
08:00 - 12:00 / 13:30 - 17:00